Crazy good Philly Cheese Fries that are healthy too! This recipe is whole foods plant based, oil-free, and ridiculously delicious. This is like a ‘philly cheesesteak’ but on french fries, like loaded potato nachos with a Philadelphia twist. It’s ridiculously good, enough said. 😎
To make this classic philly-style I used my White No-Nooch Cheese Sauce on top. If you substitute white beans instead of cashews in the cheese, this recipe can also be overt-fat-free as well! And the classic accompaniment is caramelized onions, peppers & mushrooms. This can easily be achieved without oil if you have a non-stick pan and some coconut aminos.
This is one of my go-to dishes if I’m feeling like going out to a restaurant or ‘treating’ myself but I really want to eat at home & stick to my plan. These philly cheese fries are comforting, warm, and taste like a cheat meal while still being good for you. These get nice and messy so be prepared, or use a knife and fork if you like.
Do you love fries with toppings? What’s your favorite combo? 🙂
Philly Cheese Fries
Oil-Free Baked Fries
- 5 medium gold potatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
1 cup of my Alfredo Cheese Sauce
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then slide them into fry shape.
- In a large bowl toss the potatoes with the water and then add the spices, mix to coat evenly.
- Spread the fries evenly on a baking pan with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Bake at 425F for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the fries are baking, make the cheese sauce (see link above) and the caramelized veggies.
- Add the water to a pan on medium high heat and then add your onions, cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pepper and mushroom slices and saute till all the water has evaporated, they should begin to soften.
- Once they start to brown add your coconut aminos and spices, mix to distribute evenly over the veggies, then let cook 2-3 minutes until the veggies are fully caramelized.
- When the fries are ready add them to 2 large plates and top with the caramelized veggies and then drizzle with the cheese sauce. Serve & enjoy!
If you make these cheesy fries, post a picture to Instagram and tag me @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #culivatorkitchen so I can see!
And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel for a lot more regular content, recipes, and to see my ‘what I eat in a day’ vlogs: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen on YouTube.