This is one of the most scrumptious, decadent and dreamy raw vegan dishes I have ever shared, these raw vegan crepes are super easy to make and stuffed with strawberries, bananas, and my homemade coconut whipped cream. I also drizzled my Raw Vegan Chocolate Sauce on top, which makes it even more delicious, yummm! 😋
This is the perfect recipe for a birthday treat or for a special occasion or to impress your guests. The coconut cream does make this a higher-fat recipe than my usual day-to-day food, so for me this would definitely be saved for a big celebration.
Since these crepes are raw and I’m using raw coconut wraps for the outside, they are also gluten and grain free. This is a very allergy-friendly recipe, so even if you aren’t raw you might want to give these a try if you are gluten-free or grain-free.
Coconut whipped cream is very easy to make if you know the trick to it! To get the right fluffy consistency chill full fat coconut milk or ‘coconut heavy cream’ in the fridge first. The hard coconut cream will float to the top and separate from the liquid in the bottom of the can. When you open it just scoop out the cream and save the liquid in the bottom for another recipe or to add to your smoothies for extra flavor. Then just whip up the cream for about 30 seconds with an electric whisk, I use the attachment for my immersion blender. 🙂
You’ll have leftover whipped cream and chocolate sauce that you can dip fruit in, my chocolate sauce recipe is so good with fresh strawberries. And if you want to make this a lower fat dish you could always use the chocolate sauce inside the crepe and skip the coconut whipped cream. You can also use whatever fruit you like, leave a comment with your favorite crepe filling!
Raw Vegan Strawberry Banana Crepes
- 1 can coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Wrawp coconut wraps
- 1 recipe chocolate sauce (see above)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- Put your coconut cream in the fridge to let the solids harden and rise to the top. Once chilled, open the can and scoop out the cream from the top, leaving any liquids in the bottom of the can.
- Using an electric whisk, whip the cream with the vanilla and maple syrup for about 30 seconds until fluffy.
- Take a coconut wrap and put some coconut whip cream down the middle. Add slices of bananas and strawberries on top.
- Wrap the sides of the coconut wrap over, and flip it, so the seam side is facing down on the plate. Press down lightly to make sure it's secure.
- Drizzle with the chocolate sauce on top and then let sit for 1-2 minutes to soften to your desired consistency. Serve and enjoy!
If you make these raw vegan crepes, share a picture on Instagram and tag me @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #culivatorkitchen so I check them out!
And please subscribe to my YouTube channel for a lot more regular content, recipes, and sustainable living & vegan homesteading tips: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen on YouTube!
Leave a Reply