This balsamic pecan salad is simple and delish with warm toasted pecans, fresh veggies, and a classic dressing made with modena balsamic vinegar glaze. This recipe is colorful and packed with flavor! This is vegan and gluten-free and only takes a few ingredients and about 5 minutes to make. 😋
Toasted pecans add warmth, crunch, and a delicious flavor to this dish. It only takes a few minutes in a dry pan to get them roasted, and it’s well worth the extra effort. If you want to prep this salad ahead of time you can chop your vegetables and toast the pecans in advance! Then add the dressing before serving.
This winter salad is festive and I think it makes a colorful addition to holiday and party tables. However, you can make this any time of year. It would be amazing to use fresh greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers from the summer or fall garden for this as well.
Balsamic Pecan Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 drizzle of balsamic glaze
- Cut the lettuce into shreds and add it to a salad bowl. Chop the cucumber and tomato and add on top of the lettuce.
- In a dry non-stick pan on medium-low heat toast the pecans for 4 minutes till warm and fragrant, make sure to move them around so they don't burn.
- Place the warm pecans on top of the salad. Then add the sea salt, black pepper, evoo, and drizzle the balsamic glaze. Serve and enjoy! Toss with a fork to incorporate the dressing.
If you make this tasty balsamic pecan salad, post a picture to Instagram, tag me @CultivatorKitchen, and use the hashtag #culivatorkitchen so I can check it out!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more recipes and to see my garden videos: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen. 🌿