Vegan Alfredo Sauce!! This recipe is whole foods plant-based, gluten-free, oil-free & no nooch aka nutritional yeast. This is creamy & cheesy but made with only wholesome ingredients, just the way it should be. 🙂 This is a great way to treat yourself during the colder months and still eat healthy.
This amazing cheesy sauce is great on pasta, in quesadillas and a whole lot more. You could also use this on nachos or on gnocchi. If you prefer a yellow-toned vegan cheese, try this recipe: No Nooch Vegan Cheese Sauce.
It’s optional but I like to add a little plant milk to make it extra creamy. This time I used oat milk, but you could also use my Homemade Cashew Milk if you have some unsweetened handy.
This vegan alfredo sauce makes 4-6 servings, depending on how much you use. It stores well in the fridge and will thicken up too! Save for the next day if you want a thicker sauce. Top with my Raw Vegan Parmesan Cheese recipe for extra goodness! YUM. 😋
Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, cubed
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened plant milk (optional, adds extra creaminess)
- pasta of your choice!
- In a small pot, add your potato, onions, cauliflower and 1.5 cups of filtered water. Boil until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer with the cooking liquid to the Vitamix. Add your spices, cashews and plant milk if you're using it (I used oat milk). Blend until smooth.
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions. Stir in the alfredo cheese sauce and serve with my vegan parmesan on top. Enjoy!
If you make this delicious vegan alfredo sauce, post a picture to Instagram and tag me @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #culivatorkitchen so I can check it out and share!
And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel for a lot more regular content, recipes, and to see my ‘what I eat in a day’ vlogs: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen on YouTube.