Raw Vegan Samosas that are also gluten-free, grain-free, oil-free and potato-free!! These samosas are made with a BONUS recipe for my mashed cauliflower which you can use anytime instead of mashed potatoes. This recipe is a super healthy version of this classic Indian dish.
Traditional samosas are deep fried pastries filled with potatoes, peas, cilantro and other spices. The filling is also cooked in oil first, making most samosas a decadent but unhealthy dish. This raw vegan version is easier to make and super healthy with no cooking time at all!
And since I’m using coco-nori curry wraps as the outside these raw vegan samosas are also gluten and grain free, which means people with allergies can enjoy them. These are amazing to take to parties or as an appetizer for guests, my family will have these on their own as a meal. 😋
I also share how I make my Raw Vegan Mashed Cauliflower which you can use anytime you want to substitute for mashed potatoes! It’s great with a side of steamed greens, in a fall-themed veggie wrap, alongside roasted veggies, or some mushroom gravy, etc. It’s so good on it’s own! 🙂
Raw Vegan Samosas
Raw Vegan Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
For the Samosas
- Mashed Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 pack WrawP curry coco-nori wraps
For the Mashed Cauliflower
- Add everything to the blender & blend with the tamper, leaving some texture.
For the Samosas
- In a bowl, add the cauli mash, peas, cilantro & spices. Fold together to combine.
- Take a curry wrap and fold in half then break it apart. Take each half and fold it again and break apart to give you 4 pieces. Repeat for the remaining wraps, 5 wraps will make 20 samosas.
- Put 1 spoonful of filling in each square of the curry wraps, then press into a triangle shape by taking the far corners together. The filling will help to close the sides together.
- Serve right away! These make amazing party snacks.
If you make this delicious samosas, post a picture to Instagram and tag me @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #culivatorkitchen so I can see!
And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel for a lot more regular content, recipes, and to see my ‘what I eat in a day’ vlogs: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen on YouTube.
Thank you for sharing this great and nutritious snack.
Cultivator Kitchen says
Thank you so much!! 🥰💕