Apple Pie Oatmeal made in the Instant Pot! Quick, easy & crazy delicious. This tastes as amazing as apple pie but it’s a super healthy and nutritious meal you can eat anytime when you need a little extra warmth. Does anyone else like oatmeal for dinner!? 😁
In the fall when apples are in season, especially honeycrisp apples, I love to make this oatmeal, often for lunch or dinner! I still love my Ultimate Green Breakfast Smoothie for breakfast, even if it’s cold out.
The base of this recipe is very simple, just 4 ingredients! Then I add in some plant milk at the end to make it creamy. Here I’m using oat milk but you could also use my Homemade Cashew Milk recipe too.
There are a ton of topping possibilities, some of my favorites are more apples (duh 😜 ) or jam. Right now I am using Trader Joe’s Apple Cider Jam, oh my goodness it is so good if you can find it! Then of course I drizzle a little maple syrup. There is no added sweetener in this dish, so you can decide if it needs a little maple syrup on top or not.
Apple Pie Oatmeal
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 apple, finely chopped about 1.5 cups
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- maple syrup for on top!
- Add the oats, apples & spices to the pot with 2 cups of filtered water.
- For the Instant Pot: Set to Pressure Cook on High for 3 minutes, let steam of naturally.For the Stove Top: bring to a boil and then let simmer 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the plant milk to make it creamy, then serve and add a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
If you make this oatmeal, share a picture on Instagram and tag me @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #culivatorkitchen so I can see!
And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel for a lot more regular content, recipes, and sustainable living & vegan homesteading tips: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen on YouTube.