Ridiculously good Kimchi Scallion Pancakes with miso dipping sauce. 😋 These are so good I could eat them everyday and they are quick & easy to make. The batter is easy to throw together in the blender and the sauce is only 2 ingredients. This recipe is vegan gluten-free soy-free and oil-free.
I absolutely love Korean food and this dish has all my favorites from fluffy pancakes to umami sauce. In this recipe I use chickpea miso which is soy-free, but use whichever miso you like. I also use my BEST EVER homemade kimchi. YUM.
This is a flavor explosion with all healthy whole food ingredients.
We are living in very strange times right now with the coronavirus pandemic and I wanted to share another recipe from mostly pantry staples. Instead of kimchi you can use BBQ jackfruit, mushrooms, sauerkraut, or whatever other veggies you have. If you get creative, please let me know what you add!
Kimchi Scallion Pancakes
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup kimchi, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp miso paste
- Combine your batter ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. The consistency should be like regular pancake batter.
- In a griddle on medium-high heat add your batter then top with kimchi pieces, scallions and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Let cook till the edges are firm.
- Flip the pancakes and cook the other side another 2-3 minutes until cooked through and kimchi has crispy edges. Remove to a plate.
- Take the coconut aminos and miso paste and mix in a small bowl. Make one dipping sauce per each person. Serve & enjoy!
If you make these kimchi scallion pancakes, post a picture to Instagram and tag me @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #culivatorkitchen so I can see!
And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel for a lot more regular content, recipes, and to see my ‘what I eat in a day’ vlogs: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen on YouTube.