This is the most satisfying, flavorful, and light dish. Completely guilt-free homemade pasta just from vegetables. It feels like you’re eating pasta but essentially this is the best salad ever. Shhh, don’t even tell yourself this is a salad. It’s pasta. with creamy pesto. and crumbly salty ‘cheese’.
Making ‘zoodles’ or zucchini noodles is super easy, and fun to say! All you need is an inexpensive spiralizer and you can crank out pasta in a matter of minutes. The one I use is in the shop if you want to check it out, it’s one of my favorite kitchen tools.
If you only make one part of this recipe make the cauliflower ‘rawmesan’ a raw dairy-free parmesan knockoff. I could eat it by itself with just a spoon, it’s epic. Try it on pizza, sandwiches, salads, soups, on everything. It doesn’t last long in our house!
- 4-5 large zucchini
- 1-2 avocados
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups arugula or any leafy greens
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Wash your zucchini and cut off the ends, set them aside to use in your sauce.
- Using a spiralizer, crank out noodles one zucchini at a time. Save any refuse for the pesto.
- Add your zoodles to a bowl and tear them into spaghetti-sized pieces so they aren’t too long.
- To make your pesto add the rest of the ingredients, except avocado, to the blender. Make sure to include any leftover zucchini pieces. Blend till smooth.
- Add the avocado to the sauce and pulse lightly till integrated, don’t blend too much or your sauce will get foamy.
- Pour the pesto over your zucchini noodles and top with chopped tomato and cauliflower rawmesan - recipe below!!
- ¼ head of white cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pulse in a food processor till nice and crumbly. Sprinkle on everything.