Raw Vegan & Grain-Free Creamy Tomato & Mushroom Pasta!! This is my favorite pasta dish, cooked or raw, it’s that good! This dish is warm, satisfying, colorful and super delicious. The dehydrated veggies give this a cooked food flavor and the shredded basil and creamy tahini drizzle make it epic.
This dish is great for anyone wanting to stay raw vegan and grain-free in winter while still having a warm & hearty meal. This recipe makes 2 big portions and is low fat raw vegan (lfrv), grain-free, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free, soy-free, corn-free and medical medium protocol friendly.
The key to the cooked food taste and the warm temperature of this dish is the dehydrated veggies. While that means you do have to plan to make this a few hours in advance, it’s pretty simple. I throw the veggies together around lunchtime and it’s ready by dinner!
Dehydrating the vegetables cooks them down a bit and also concentrates the flavors. That’s why this dish has no added salt either, sundried tomatoes are naturally salty! 🙂
Zucchini Noodles aka ‘zoodles’ are an amazing and healthy way to enjoy pasta that lower in calories and still have the classic pasta texture. They also soak up sauce nicely! There are two main ways to make these! You can use a spiralizer device, as seen in my recipe Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto & Cauliflower Rawmesan from a few years ago.
I no longer have that device, it just took up too much space in my small kitchen and I didn’t like cleaning it. So now I have a stainless steel julienne peeler that works great and is very sharp & compact. Use whichever tool suits you best! If you don’t have either you could peel the zucchini thinly and then cut the peels into noodle shape.
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, diced and soaked
- 1 tbsp onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ chili flakes
- ⅓ cup warm filtered water
- 4 zucchini, peeled & made into noodles
- 2 tbsp tahini (1 tbsp per serving)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, julienned
- Add your chopped veggies, spices, and warm water to a shallow pan.
- Place in your dehydrator on 113F for 4-5 hours, stirring halfway through.
- Peel your zucchini then make noodles with a spiralizer or julienne peeler.
- In two bowls, place the zoodles & then the dehydrated veggies. Drizzle each bowl with tahini and top with the fresh basil.
- Toss well to combine all the flavors and let the sauce come together. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, post a picture to Instagram and tag me @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #cultivatorkitchen so I can see your raw vegan pasta!
And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel for a lot more regular content, recipes, and to see my ‘what I eat in a day’ vlogs: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen on YouTube.