Grain-free Thumbprint Cookies with Jam! These are so delicious that you won’t believe how easy they are to make. These cookies only have 5 ingredients and come together in about 15-20 minutes, including cooking time. These cookies have the perfect texture and sweetness, almost like a sugar cookie, and then the jam on top takes them to the next level! These are vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, soy-free & corn-free.
These are my go-to when I have unexpected guests who will be stopping by my home, because they are so easy to make and such a crowd pleaser! And you’ll feel good too serving your friends & family this healthier treat. If your household is already grain-free, then these are ingredients you probably already have on hand. 🙂
- 2 cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- jam for topping!
- Mix together your flour and baking powder.
- Add in the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Stir to combine, the mixture will get crumbly and then start coming together. Mix and press together until it forms a firm dough ball.
- On a baking tray with silicone mat create 14 even-sized balls from the dough.
- Press them down lightly with the back of a spoon to form a cookie shape. These won't rise much, so don't make them too flat.
- Bake on 350F for 12 minutes. Then let cool for 3 minutes.
- While they are still warm, create a small indent in the center of each cookie with your thumb or a tiny dessert spoon.
- Top each center of the cookie with a dollop of berry jam or conserve. Enjoy!
If you make these, let me know in a comment below or tag me on Instagram @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #cultivatorkitchen. I also make weekly rvideos on YouTube, you can subscribe here for more! 🙂
pamela conniff says
You and I made a similar cookie together many years ago. These are healthier. Your readers may want to know these are great to make with children.
Cultivator Kitchen says
True, these are very kid friendly!! 😊👍