Mediterranean Salad! This is a fresh & savory salad with a base of finely chopped cucumbers and tomatoes, fresh herbs, and a delicious tahini dressing. This is one of my favorites, especially when tomatoes & cucumbers are in season in the summer. I also love this for those nights were you are tired of lettuce salads and want something else that’s still low fat and raw vegan.
The trick here is to make sure to thoroughly drain your cucumbers and tomatoes before adding the dressing, so the salad stays creamy and rich without being watery. A little salt is helpful too, to remove some moisture, and giving the veggies a gentle squeeze.
If you think you’re not a parsley fan this will change your mind! Parsley is a tasty herb that helps your body to remove heavy metals, it’s also jam-packed with phytonutrients. I try to eat as much parsley as I can. By mincing this finely and adding the parsley to the tahini sauce it’s very palatable.
You can eat this salad by itself in a bowl, but I like to get fancy and serve it in lettuce leaves or lettuce ‘boats’ for easy eating. This is also a pretty presentation for guests. 🙂
- 2 cups cucumbers
- 2 cups tomatoes
- 2 cups parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 2 tbsp fresh garlic chives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Finely chop the cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Then toss them in a bit of sea salt and set aside for 15 minutes to remove some moisture.
- Drain the cucumbers and tomatoes of any excess liquid, squeezing lightly.
- Add the parsley, lemon juice, spices & tahini to the food processor. Pulse to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl add your cucumbers, tomatoes and the tahini sauce. Mix well.
- Add in the fresh herbs and stir to combine.
- Serve in a bowl or in some lettuce leaves. Enjoy!