For the next few weeks we are in Japan on vacation! Don’t worry I have some serious deliciousness for you while we’re away…and get ready for upcoming posts on the best places in Kyoto to eat & visit!
It’s been 5 years since our first trip, and one of my best memories was eating green tea soft serve ice cream cones from street vendors. At the time I wasn’t plant-based, so I’ve recreated one of my all time favorite recipes, blender banana ice cream, with a flavor that reminds me of my travels in Japan. This very simple ‘ice cream’ is made in a couple of minutes with only 3 ingredients.
Matcha is powdered green tea, and a little goes a long way. It’s intense smoky flavor pairs great with the sweet and creamy frozen bananas. If you’ve never made blender banana ice cream give it a try. Here’s ice cream that is actually good for you and better tasting!
This recipe is fat-free, refined sugar free, delicious, and natural. Enjoy this meal anytime of the day (yes, breakfast!) or share with friends as a snack.
- 5 ripe frozen bananas, peeled & chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon matcha (green tea powder)
- The day before, peel and chop your bananas, place them in a container in the freezer.
- When you are ready for ice cream, add the chopped frozen bananas to your blender.
- Add the vanilla extract and green tea powder to the blender.
- Blend on high or with the 'frozen' setting using the lid and tamper. Mash down the bananas with the tamper to help the mixture turn until completely smooth.
- Use a spatula to scoop into a bowl! This melts quickly so store in the freezer or eat immediately.
Have you ever made blender banana ‘nice cream’? What is your favorite flavor?
What a soft ice cream <3