BEST EVER Vegan French Toast! This recipe is whole foods plant-based oil-free and so easy to make! Just 5 ingredients and comes together in minutes. It’s hard to believe something this easy to make can be so delicious. This recipe is a sure crowd-pleaser for young and old alike. 😋
In this recipe you can use any bread you like, gluten-free or otherwise, I recommend always using 100% whole grain oil-free bread. Some of my favorites are Food for Life bread or Little Northern Bakehouse Millet and Chia Gluten Free Bread. Use whatever you have and whatever you like!
As I mentioned, this only takes 5 ingredients to make. You might even have all these on hand already. If you haven’t seen it yet I also shared a Gluten-Free 4 Ingredient Pancake recipe which is awesome to try as well. Which do you prefer, french toast or pancakes? 🙂
BEST EVER Vegan French Toast
- 6 bread slices
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup oat milk
- maple syrup to serve
- Mash your bananas in a mixing bowl till they start to form a paste.
- Add the vanilla & pumpkin pie spice and stir to combine.
- Add the oat milk and wisk together to incorporate. There will be banana chunks still in the mixture, this is normal and they will cook into the bread and caramelize in the heat.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Coat each slice of bread with the mixture on both sides evenly, then place in the hot pan.
- Flip once it starts to brown about 2-3 minutes.
- Once each side is cooked and starts to caramelize, remove from the heat.
- Top with maple syrup, serve & enjoy!
If you make this scrumptious french toast, post a picture to Instagram and tag me @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #culivatorkitchen so I can see!
And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel for a lot more regular content, recipes, and to see my ‘what I eat in a day’ vlogs: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen on YouTube.