Pumpkin Chai Latte!! This is soooo good and it’s vegan, gluten-free, and made with real pumpkin and oat milk. This is a delicious fall treat that you can feel good about, with no chemical additives or high-fructose corn syrup. Pumpkin and chai spices work together perfectly for this creamy golden concoction. YUM. 😋
I’m enjoying all the fall harvest foods even more this year. My favorites are pumpkins & squash, persimmons, roasted chestnuts and brussels sprouts. If you want some other pumpkin deliciousness try my Perfectly Roasted Fall Veggies or my Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie I’ll be using the leftover pumpkin to make both! And of course, last week’s recipe for my Pumpkin Miso Onigiri is delicious too.
Pumpkin spice lattes which are so popular this time of year are generally very high calorie and filled with sugar and chemicals. This is the tastier, healthier version that you can make at home. Once you taste this made with real pumpkin, you will not want to go back to the fake flavored syrup kind.
And my twist on the PSL is to use tea instead of coffee, Indian chai is the perfect spice pallet for pumpkin and the one I use is also caffeine free. I like my chai lattes with a kick, so I add fresh ginger and a pinch of black pepper, that is optional of course.
Pumpkin Chai Latte
- 1/4 cup pumpkin, small cubes
- 1/2 cup hot water to boil pumpkin
- 2 cups oat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 spoonfuls loose leaf chai
- 1 quart water for tea
- 1 inch ginger, sliced optional
- 1 pinch black pepper optional
- Boil your pumpkin pieces in 1/2 cup of hot water, 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add the pumpkin, including the water, to the blender with the oat milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, turmeric powder, and maple syrup. Blend until creamy and foamy.
- In a pot on the stove add your ginger, black pepper, chai tea, and 1 quart of water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea into your mugs till 2/3 full and then pour in some pumpkin milk mixture, stir to combine. Serve & enjoy!
If you make this pumpkin chai latte, please post a picture to Instagram and tag me @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #culivatorkitchen so I can check it out!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for a lot more regular content, recipes, and to see my garden videos: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen on YouTube.