It’s cozy season! And nothing says Fall like a warm and comforting soup! This is the coziest fall soup I could come up with and it is soooo good y’all. I can’t wait for you to try this. It’s full of flavorful goodness from herbs, to Japanese sweet potatoes, lima beans, and more. This soup recipe is also vegan and gluten-free.
This recipe comes together in a matter of minutes and the smells filling your kitchen are divine! I’m using my Instant Pot to speed up the process, but you could also cook this on the stovetop. If making this on the stove put it on a low simmer for about 45 minutes until the beans are tender.
I love dried lima beans, they are so creamy and have a wonderful texture and flavor. They are also much more quick-cooking than other bean varieties! Do not substitute other dried beans since they take much longer. However, if you prefer a different white bean you could use canned and then cut down on the cooking time significantly.
I love this time of year when the weather has cooled off and there is still lots of fresh produce in the garden. I hope you’ll take advantage and enjoy these quieter, darker, calmer days until the end of the year. What are your favorite flavors of autumn?
Cozy Fall Soup
- 1 cup dried lima beans
- 1 Japanese sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 head of green cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 Not Chicken vegan gluten-free bullion cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp parsley, fresh or dried
- Set the Instant Pot to saute mode and add your olive oil, garlic & onions. Cook until translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add your herbs and spices (except for the parsley) and stir them in to combine well.
- Add the carrot and celery and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off the saute function and add the rest of the ingredients up to and including the water.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook for 18 minutes. Afterward turn off the Instant Pot and 'quick release' the steam by turning the valve to 'venting'.
- Stir in the lemon juice and parsley, taste to see if any additional salt is needed. Serve & enjoy!
If you make this cozy fall soup, please post a picture to Instagram and tag me @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #culivatorkitchen so I can see!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more recipes and to see my garden videos: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen. 🌿
[…] 🌿 FULL RECIPE Link to recipe http://cultivatorkitchen.com/cozy-fall-soup […]