One of the quickest, coziest, and cheapest soups you can make! Nothing beats the cold, dreary November weather like this creamy blended soup full of fall goodness. The butternut squash and carrot complement each other, and the spices and other roots give it a savory, warming flavor. This only takes 5 minutes in the Instant Pot and a quick blend. This soup recipe is also vegan and gluten-free. 🍲🍂
Depending on your hemisphere, you might have the sun setting earlier now and feeling a little S.A.D. with the darkness. I know I am! Well, this soup is here to cure you…or at least help you when you’re too tired to make something time-consuming. This comes together quickly in the pressure cooker or you can make it on the stovetop, then blend it up.
As an added bonus this recipe uses seasonal produce and root vegetables, which my body craves this time of year and which happen to be the cheapest thing around to make. I always have most of these ingredients on hand, and many don’t need refrigeration.
This butternut squash carrot soup can be topped with whatever you like! My favorites are some of the fennel fronds (or other fresh herbs), some cracked black pepper, and a dollop of European-style unsweetened vegan yogurt. I have also used crispy bits of seitan sausage or onions. Or you can opt for crusty bread or some blue corn tortilla chips. YUM. 😋
What is your favorite soup topping?
Butternut Squash Carrot Soup
- 2.5 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or more broth to saute
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- optional toppings: unsweetened vegan yogurt, fennel fronds & black pepper
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode and add your olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add your fennel bulb and spices, stir to combine, cook 1 more minute.
- Turn off the heat, and add all the rest of the vegetables and the broth.
- Close the lid and set the vent to sealing. Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook for 5 minutes.
- Release the steam and use an immersion blender to blend up the soup until smooth. Add the toppings and serve while hot. Enjoy!
If you make this delicious squash & carrot soup, please post a picture to Instagram and tag me @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #culivatorkitchen so I can see!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more recipes and to see my garden videos: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen. 🌿
[…] 🌿 FULL RECIPE Link to recipe http://cultivatorkitchen.com/butternut-squash-carrot-soup […]