One-Bowl Zucchini Pumpkin Spice Scones! These are so amazingly scrumptious and easy to make. These scones are oil-free, low fat, gluten-free & vegan. They are fluffy, lightly sweet, and a great way to get in this versatile veggie.
What to do with too much zucchini
I made up this recipe after trying to get inventive with all the ways we could use the oodles of zucchini in our garden! I love noodling zucchini with a spiralizer, adding zucchini to the base of blended soups & dressings, and serving it on salads. I also love shredded zucchini instead of cheese on pizza! Yep, we’re big zucchini fans in our household when it’s fresh in summer!
The zucchini scone is born
Sometimes though we just have to much, and enter my zucchini scones creation. You don’t really taste the zucchini but they add green-colored ribbons in the scones and it’s quite pretty actually. I hope you’ll love them and bake them for your friends & family.
They come together quite easily, in just one-bowl in a few minutes. I usually have all these ingredients on hand. I make the gluten-free oat flour by simply blending gluten-free oats in my Vitamix until it’s flour, which only take a couple of seconds.
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour (see notes)
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- Coconut sugar, for topping
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add in the wet ingredients, except zucchini, and stir to combine.
- Fold the shredded zucchini into the batter.
- Drop your scones onto a baking tray with silicone mat, making little mounds. Since these are gluten-free they will not rise much, so don't flatten.
- Sprinkle a little coconut sugar on top.
- Bake on 375F for 40 minutes. Let cool completely or they'll be too moist in the middle.
- Serve an enjoy!
Tried this and loved the scones! Thanks, Rachael J
Cultivator Kitchen says
Awesome!! 🤓 I’m so glad you liked them! 💓💓