Potato Cucumber Soup!! So delicious and warm, the flavors are amazing in this combo, especially with a little fresh dill on top! This one is based on what’s in my garden this time of year, I hope you’ll give it a try and let me know what you think! 😋
This year I grew a ton of cucumbers, they are probably my favorite summer veggie to grow and they are crazy prolific in my garden. I have a few raised beds and this year I harvested more than 200 cumcumbers. 😳🥒 Even after canning about 45+ jars of pickles, I had plenty left over for cucumber sandwiches, juicing, salads, and more.
I designed this recipe for this time of year, based on what’s in my garden. Fresh cucumbers, new potatoes, garlic harvested in July, and fresh herbs like dill. Even if you don’t grow anything, these should be cheap & easy to find this time of year, making this a budget-friendly soup.
You might not think of putting this combo together, but I promise it’s super delicious. If you’re looking for a raw vegan cucumber soup, check out my Creamy Cucumber Dill Soup from last year.
Potato Cucumber Soup
- 3 large cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups oat milk
- fresh dill & black pepper for topping
- Add your potatoes, garlic & onion to the Instant Pot on sauté mode and stir in your spices. Let cook till onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Alternatively, you could use a regular pot on the stovetop for this recipe.
- Add your veggie broth and let simmer for 10 minutes, till potatoes are fork tender.
- Add your cucumbers and oat milk, simmer another 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth and creamy. Or blend in small batches in a regular blender, taking care as this soup is very hot. If using a Vitamix, take the center plug out of the lid and cover with a towel so it doesn't explode.
- Let cool 10-20 minutes before serving. Top with fresh dill and cracked black pepper. Enjoy!
If you make this potato cucumber soup, post a picture to Instagram and tag me @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #culivatorkitchen so I can check it out!
And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel for a lot more regular content, recipes, and to see my garden videos: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen on YouTube.