EASY sourdough drop biscuits that are fat-free / oil-free, wholegrain, and vegan! These are super quick to make and don’t require any rising time or kneading. They are called ‘drop biscuits’ because you drop them onto the pan, no rolling out the dough or using a biscuit-cutter. 🙂
The secret ingredient makes these vegan with no added fat, so you can enjoy these healthy biscuits anytime. I use unsweetened applesauce to replace the oil or butter and it also works as an egg-replacer. The key is to use all natural unsweetened applesauce (no other ingredients but apples). I promise these are savory not sweet, you won’t taste any apple flavor.
I love to serve these with a big plate of veggies like sauteed spinach & mushrooms or my sesame broccoli recipe. Currently I’m participating in the #eatyourveggieschallenge so every meal I have at least half my plate non-starchy veggies. Biscuits and veggies is a super tasty & satisfying, filling meal I can have for breakfast or any time of day! 😋
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup sourdough starter
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- Add your dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and lightly stir together.
- Add your wet ingredients and mix together gently, just until it forms a moist dough.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the dough onto a silpat on a baking sheet making 8 biscuits.
- Bake at 425F for 12-13 minutes and then let cool on a rack for 5 minutes. Serve & enjoy!
If you make these sourdough biscuits, please post a picture to Instagram and tag me @CultivatorKitchen and use the hashtag #culivatorkitchen so I like and comment!
And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel for a lot more regular content, recipes, and to see my ‘what I eat in a day’ vlogs: Subscribe to Cultivator Kitchen on YouTube